Sunday, September 20, 2015

Week 7 Update

What an exciting week we have had down here!

Tuesday was Costa Rica’s Independence Day. Monday the students at Country Day School celebrated together. Each grade level in the Elementary School learned a song and dance. They all performed together at the celebration in front of their peers, parents, and staff. Of course we celebrated afterwards with plenty of yummy typical Costa Rican food. I am attaching the video of second grade’s performance. You can also see a picture of my students dressed in the traditional Costa Rican attire.



One thing I feel like the school is missing is God’s presence. I felt the urge to see if I could start leading a Bible study, with any interested staff, once a week before school. Of course it has to be approved and I haven’t heard anything back yet. Please join me in praying for that situation.


Tuesday the skyline was absolutely incredible. It made international news. Even non-Christians were stopping, taking photos and commenting that the sky looked like Jesus should be coming through the clouds any minute!

Mission Way Church sent a team down on Thursday. They went straight to the Ranch which meant the team house was empty. So Dan and I spent the night at the team house Thursday and Friday night to make sure that no one broke in while everyone else was away. All was calm…and we were very thankful!

Of course we went to the orphanage as usual this week. Friday night they didn’t have a lot of help so we stayed later than usual to help get everyone fed, changed, and ready for bed. I finally had the chance to hold Elizabeth. I can’t get over how much she has grown! It was such a blessing to be able to hold her again. Her bandages are all off. She is doing fantastic! Thanks for all of your prayers.



Saturday morning we went to Verbena to play with the kids and help with the feeding center. We were blessed to have Robert & Maria, and Allan & Laine help us out this weekend. I wish I had a video of the kids jumping up and down with excitement as they hugged Allan. They were thrilled to have him around again! Words cannot express what an incredible sight it was to witness their love for him. He is such a great example for these kids…especially the boys. These children, boys and girls, need more local examples of godly men. Allan has been and continues to be a great role model for these children. We had a huge turnout at the feeding center this week. There were over 70 kids in attendance.




When we returned from the feeding center I had the privilege of spending some time with Miriam. She is such a blessing to us. Saturday she surprised me with a beautiful gerber daisy plant! I don’t know how she knew but I had just been admiring that exact plant at the market earlier in the day. I am so thankful that I was able to sit down and talk to her for a little while. Her love for God is so evident in everything that she does. God has to smile every time he thinks of Miriam because she is a true example of a godly woman. When I think of the heroes in Hebrews 11, I think Miriam should be added to that list!


Saturday afternoon we showered and headed up to the Ranch. We were able to have dinner with the team and Dan spoke at Chapel. He reminded us of our purpose on Earth to build God’s Kingdom. I am blessed beyond belief to be married to such a wonderful man!

We enjoyed spending some quality time with the team, staff, and Wutka family at the Ranch. They are making some excellent progress on the buildings. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to stay too long today. However, the team is coming to Alajuelita tomorrow afternoon so we will spend more time with them soon.

For more information about the 6:8 Children's Ranch, go to our Dream with us! and our Mission & Vision

Or you can look at the Ranch Design & Pictures.

Fun story:
As I was stepping into the shower this morning, I looked down to make sure there were no tarantulas in the shower with me. I was thrilled to be showering alone with no unwanted creatures. Then, I realized that was something I would never even consider back home in the States….just one of those moments where I realized my outlook on some things has definitely changed lately:)

No comments:

Post a Comment