Sunday, December 27, 2015

December Update


Christmas is ALL about God sending his son. Right? This year I have had a lot of time to reflect on Christmas…what God intended and yet how secular Christmas has become to the majority of the world. 




We have been blessed to spend time with many of our local friends during this Christmas season. Dan and I were shocked to learn that many of our friends down here have hated the Christmas season for years…most of their life actually. Unlike most of our friends in the States, many of our friends down here have never had Christmas presents.

Earlier this month, one of our friends gave a gift to someone they work with on a regular basis. They put the wrapped present down in front of him. Instantly, this grown man began crying. He said it was the first Christmas gift he had ever received. His instant gratitude…before he even touched the gift or saw what was inside was overwhelming to all.
My prayer is that we will truly remember the reason for this Christmas season as we are cleaning up from all of our celebrations and putting away our gifts. May we really stop for a moment and think about the greatest gift ever given…Jesus…he didn’t have to come down and experience life on Earth but he did! God didn’t have to sacrifice his only son for us but he did out of an abundance of his love for us. I am so thankful that we have such a Good Good Father! 
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBwXHpKVS5I

2016 is right around the corner. I can’t believe 2015 is coming to an end. As you are making your resolutions for the year I challenge you to stop and see what God has in store for you. What is he calling you to do this year? I’ve found that it is not always easy to step out in faith but once we make that first step it becomes a lot easier to continue to step forward in faith the next time. Phil. 1:6 “I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work in you will continue to complete it until the day of Christ Jesus.” 
Join us in prayer that we are really listening to God and what HE is calling us to do in 2016. We know HE has big plans for the next year. He’s calling us to step out in faith once more. I’m encouraged that God uses the weak.

But the Lord said, “My grace is all you need. Only when you are weak can everything be done completely by my power.” So I will gladly boast about my weaknesses. Then Christ’s power can stay in me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
May God continue to bless you in 2016! We love you.

- Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment